This agreement sets out the terms and conditions (‘the Agreement’) between London Education Foundation (trading as KCB) (‘KCB’) and the student (‘the Student’) for registration on a KCB tuition programme (‘the Programme’).
By registering for the Programme, the Student agrees to be bound by the Agreement.
- Chartered Governance Institute student registration
- Students registering for the Chartered Governance Institute Qualifying Programme are responsible for their own student registration and examination entry with the Chartered Governance Institute. Students registering for Chartered Governance Institute Certificate Programmes do not need to register with the Chartered Governance Institute.
- Payment Terms
- Full payment of the programme fees or authorisation to invoice the employer of the Student ‘ the Employer’ must accompany registration.
- Programme fees payable by the Employer must be paid within 30 days from the date of the invoice.
- If KCB fails to receive full payment of the programme fees within 30 days from the date of the invoice, the Student will be liable to pay any unpaid fees.
- Cancellation or Amendment
- KCB reserves the right to cancel or amend the Programme. In such circumstances, the Student has the option to transfer their registration to another Programme or receive a full refund of any Fees paid.
- The Student may cancel their registration for the Programme, provided that at least 14 days notice is given to KCB prior to the start date of the Programme. A refund of the programme fees will be given less an administration fee of £25. No refunds will be given for cancellations notified less than 14 days prior to the start date of the Programme or once the Programme has commenced. At the discretion of KCB, a registration can be deferred to a later programme. An administration fee of £50 will be charged.
- KCB Learning Material
- KCB grants the Student a non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use KCB learning materials ‘the Materials’ under the terms of this Agreement.
- The licence in clause 4.1 automatically terminates upon termination of this Agreement.
- The Student warrants that they shall only use the Materials for their own educational purposes and shall not, without KCB’s prior written consent, copy, make available, retransmit, reproduce, sell, disseminate, licence, distribute, publish, broadcast or otherwise circulate the Materials or any part of them to any person other than in accordance with this Agreement.
- The Student shall fully indemnify KCB in respect of any infringement of any intellectual property rights arising as a result of their use of the Materials in breach of this Agreement.
- Change of Student details
- The Student must notify KCB in writing of any change in their contact details or employment details, including the email address specified as part of the registration process.
- Any notices required to be served by KCB under this Agreement will be deemed properly served if sent via prepaid postage to the postal address, or emailed to the email address provided by the Student as part of the registration process.
- Limitation of liability
7.1 The liability of KCB for direct losses arising out of their negligence, breach of contract or any other cause of action arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be limited to the fees paid by the Student (or Employer).
- KCB warrants that study materials will be of satisfactory quality but does not warrant that study materials will be error free.
- KCB warrants that it will perform any services under this Agreement with reasonable skill and care.
- Data Protection
- For the Certificate in Company Secretarial Practice and Share Registration Practice, if the Student is sponsored by an employer, upon request, we will provide attendance records and assessment results.
- KCB reserves the right to access Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme student examination results. This information will be used for internal college purposes only.